Symptoms of Genital Warts
- The size of the wart usually varies from less than a millimeter to more several square centimeters
- They are raised and often painless.
- The warts are generally itchy in nature and there is discharge
- They may cause urinary obstruction if genital warts occur around the urethral opening
- Warts are not restricted to one area
- In men, warts are usually found near the urethral opening, the penis, scrotum and the near the anus. The warts may be rough or smooth. Sometimes they may be flat and hidden, making them difficult to identify.
- In women, HPV generally found near the vaginal opening. However presence of warts outside warrants an inspection of the vaginal canal, cervix and other parts of the uterus if required. Women may experience bleeding and discharge during intercourse.